Friday, March 21, 2014

My First Knitting Project: COMPLETE


So I figured I would start this blog by sharing my very first completed knitting project. I finished it yesterday on the first day of spring this year. It was really simple and fun and a great first project. I got to know knit stitch REALLY well. It was a pattern I found on Ravelry from CraftSnob called "It's a Cinch" 

The best part was i thought I ruined it by doing it wrong. This will show you how much of a novice I really am:

The pattern calls for 86 rows of knit stitch. So I did this unknowingly that it was a garter stitch. Then literally freaked out thinking I did it wrong and that it was supposed to be knitted normal like knit one row and purl the back. But all was well when I looked back at the pattern to see I did it right without really realizing it. Happy mistake I guess. The only thing different I did was on the ends I didn't quite start the rows right, not sure exactly what I did, so the edges are a but thick but hey its my first ever. 

I used a worsted weighted yarn called "classy" from Dream In Color Yarn in the colorway Amber Glass. This is amazing yarn (at least a newbie like me likes it). 

I can't wait to share more of my knitting adventures with anyone who will read this, hehe. 

Until next time... sayonara from Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment