Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pure Bliss...


I know what pure bliss looks like. It looks like me sitting on my glider in my sons room with the sun shining, snuggled up with him for his nap, knitting and sipping on a cup of tea with an audiobook playing. This is what pure bliss looks like.

This has become our morning ritual most days... I still need a nap where I hold and snuggle him and I'm pretty sure he does too, or at least I like to think so. This quiet perfect moment will only last 30 mins at times and 2 hours at other times but I revel every minute I do get because I know too quickly around the corner this will not be. He will grow up and want to play or fight me for taking naps and then years and years down the road it'll probably be just me snuggled with a blanket knitting in my old age chatting to him on the phone while he holds his own baby. Or again, at least I like to think so. :-) 

This particular moment happened yesterday after a huge major melt down because he had gas in his tummy. And mom was about to rip all her hair out and melt down herself because she couldn't figure out what to do. After some much needed swaying and shh-ing he finally settled down in my arms and we took a moment of pure bliss and quiet. I will treasure these moments my whole life and every knitting project I do sitting in that chair holding my sweet baby boy will remind me forever of this feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment