Monday, May 19, 2014

I HATE Knitting

I hate knitting... Plain and simple... It's stupid and a waste of my time... 

These are the emotions I went through a couple weeks ago when I tried knitting my first hat. I had to frog (start over, rip out, what have you) the project THREE times! I was knitting so tightly my hands ached and my eyes hurt from concentrating on such a little area. I wanted to give up!

But... I couldn't.



My personality is not to quit and I found myself being drawn to pick up that curly, tangled yarn again and again until I was able to get past the place I kept messing up. That's the moment I realized this was definitely a skill I needed to continue to hone and progress. Every time in my life that I've wanted to give up and quit and persevered through has become some of the most important lessons of my life. 

Knitting is slowly teaching me many life lessons while having fun and creating things. I am a creator and I don't quit. Knitting has reminded me of that. 

So some days and moments I do HATE knitting but more often than not I LOVE knitting and will continue to experience frustrations while creating beautiful pieces of art. 



No comments:

Post a Comment